header-photo

How we helped plant a church - Part 3

Once we said "Yes!" we quickly went to work. Initially, our role was to be "gatherers." The leadership of Lifechurch.tv supplied us with a list of names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses they had compiled over the years of visitors from the Tulsa area. Our job was to try and contact as many of them as possible, invite them to the first vision-casting meeting, and get a final headcount so preparations could be made. Needless to say, we tore through the list like there was a pot of gold at the end of it!

From this process I learned the following:
  • The leadership had a plan. The fact that they had hundreds of people's contact information showed me they had been planning for this for quite some time.
  • God had a plan. How on earth can you explain the phone call from Lifechurch.tv at the exact moment we were filling out paperwork to join another church? And why on earth would they call us?
  • Both plans were brought to fruition by prayer.

If you feel called to plant a church, do you have a plan? Do you have any "gatherers" to help?

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Hey Kyle! The power of prayer! How are you feeling?

At this point in my life I do not feel called to plant a church. I do however, finally feel like I am where I need to be to continue to grow and learn. I do not know what God has in store for me (and my fam) but I hope that I am open enough to listen and obey.

Prayin' for ya! And- say a prayer for Brian. He came home sick from work. If you have any great ideas for flu like syptoms we are all ears :)

Jenn said...

ya know the "many are the plans in a man's heart BUT..." verse??? that has been our planning experience at mars hill okc - that God is soo-o kooky!