header-photo

Quotes.3

Here's one that really gets me pumped up:
Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity. - Horace Mann
If you've been following my blogs this week, yesterday's may've seemed a little critical. I admit I after reading it the tone sure sounded critical to me. That wasn't my intention, however. I was trying to be motivational, and it came up a bit short of that aim (at least, I felt). Horace, on the other hand, hit a homerun with his statement.

I want The Church to take this quote to heart. Who's The Church? You and I. We are The Church. Lately, I've become discontent with my content. I'm too content - physically, spiritually, at work, and at home. I've been running, reading, praying, loving, serving, evaluating, eating better, and striving for excellence at work more than ever. I want Christ to be exalted in every way in my body, my words, my actions, my thoughts, and most importantly my life.

What about you? If you were to die today, what victory for humanity would you be "ashamed" you didn't achieve? What victories are you winning?

0 comments: