header-photo

The Apocalypse is Upon Us!

So my LifeGroup has embarked on a journey together through the book of Revelation. I'm quite proud of them, because they suggested studying this very complicated book of the Bible. To help, we are using this study guide by John MacArthur. Growing up, I don't recall a whole lot of teaching about or from this enigmatic book. So, I thought I'd blog some thoughts as we go through it each week and invite all of you to comment (hint, hint).

Chapter One:

I'm struck how Jesus is contrasted in Revelation 1:13-18 to this prophesy of the Messiah. Philippians 2:6-8 (I like the way The Message says it) reveals Jesus' mindset in transitioning from his heavenly form to human form. So basically, Jesus took off his crown, his robe, his power and strength, and laid them down - the NASB says He "emptied Himself" - to become one of us - weak, frail, powerless, vulnerable, human. Can you imagine if the Queen of England suddenly decided to become a commoner? Not only that, but what if in doing so she then declared everyone in England royalty, worthy of sitting on the throne of England? Can you imagine? This, my friends, is exactly what our Jesus has done for us.

Wow!

I'd love to hear your two cents.

0 comments: