header-photo

Leverage


As I've mentioned before, one key characteristic of a tentmaker is one who leverages their profession to futher the cause of Christ. I'd like to explore the topic of leverage this week, and I hope it makes you think.

I hated physics. So, I'm not even going to go down that slippery road. Webster's defines leverage like this. I like those two words: power and effectiveness. It reminds me of this verse. Simply put, leverage allows the weak to become strong. It transforms something small into something large.

We are surrounded by forces of leverage. The media is a huge source of leverage in our society, both good and bad. Other leveraging forces could include: education, economics, internet, fashion, science, politics, transportation, technology and religion.

Biblical examples of leverage that come to mind would be:
  • David's sling
  • Nehemiah's tears
  • Hannah's prayer
  • Esther's request
  • 5 loaves & 2 fish
  • 12 simple fishermen
  • Paul's letters

What type of leverage do you feel you are the most influenced by?

0 comments: